Specifications & Requirements
- Required: Cinetics SkatePlate or Joby GorillaPod.
- Recommended: Tripod head.
- Weight Limit with: GorillaPod Focus: 5 lb (2.2 kg), with SkatePlate: 11 lb (5 kg).
Features & Benefits
- High quality wheels specially molded to glide effortlessly.
- Ultra quiet, anti-resistant bearings for seamless rotation.
- Durable and lightweight advanced polymer construction.
- Tick marks enable precise camera movement for time-lapse and stop motion.
- Versatile, portable, and modular with Cinetics Quick Connect technology.
- CineSkates are a set of three wheels that quickly attach to a tripod and enable filmmakers to capture fluid, moving video footage without lugging heavy gear. CineSkates with the GorillaPod Focus can support cameras up to 5 lb (2.3 kg). SkatePlate attaches to increase the weight capacity to 11 lb (5 kg).
Choose your mount
- SkatePlate is a dolly frame for use with products equipped with Cinetics Quick Connect, like CineSkates and CineSquid. It has a retractable quick-set-up design that can support the heaviest cameras (for rigs up to 11 lb (5 kg). It includes easy-to-read illustrations found on the face of the SkatePlate for perfect alignment every time. The Ballhead is a super efficient, adjustable camera mount with two strong quick connect points. Both SkatePlate and Ballhead have a 1/4”-20 thread attachment.
- GorillaPod Focus is a flexible tripod with aluminum construction that can wrap around a wide variety of supports so you can position it for dynamic shots. Ballhead X is a solid ball mount with an Arca style quick-release plate. Both support cameras weighing up to 11 lb (5 kg).
CineSkates are a set of skateboard style wheels, made to attach to Cinetics SkatePlate and Joby’s ultra-versatile GorillaPod Focus tripod and Ballhead X. Turn your DSLR or digital camcorder into a pro-style rig, and achieve silver screen-worthy movement. When combined with the SkatePlate frame, CineSkates can hold almost any camera, so you can capture smooth footage while making your moving pictures.